We have created these policies and procedures to help keep the clinic as safe as possible for all clients and staff.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE.
We are closely following public health guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 prevention.
Everyone entering the clinic is verbally screened for COVID19 before being allowed into the treatment area.
Please READ screening criteria here (or at the bottom of this page) before coming in.
- All persons are required to WEAR A FACE MASK worn over the mouth, chin, and nose, and fit closely on the sides of the face while at the clinic.
- We strongly prefer the use of well-fitting double-layer tightly woven cloth, N95/KN95 or medical/surgical style pleated disposable masks in the clinic.
- Please DO NOT to wear one-way valve, single layer stretchy cloth (such as jersey cotton), scarf/bandana or gaiter style face coverings during your treatment. Please be aware that when you arrive, your practitioner may ask you to wear a different mask if they determine your face covering is not sufficiently safe for our indoor setting. Limited supply of medical and 2-layer cotton cloth masks available in the clinic for a small fee.
- Sanitize your hands after adjusting or touching your mask and keep the touching/adjusting to a minimum. If you need to adjust your mask frequently, then you need a different mask.
- Everyone entering the clinic must use hand sanitizer upon arrival. Hand washing for at least 20 seconds is highly recommended before and after your session, and after using the restroom or touching any shared surface.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic and hand soap is available in the restrooms.
- Medical grade air purifiers and a humidifier operate in the clinic during business hours.
- Weather-permitting, we keep some windows open to improve air flow.
- Please practice physical distancing while in the clinic by generally staying at least 6 feet from others whenever possible. All chairs and tables are placed at least 6 feet apart.
- To limit the number of people in the clinic, appointments are required. We cannot accept walk-ins. All NEW clients must book by phone.
- If you arrive without an appointment, you will be offered the next available time slot.
- Please be on time for your appointments. You may arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled. Please be understanding about this as we work to keep everyone safe.
- We are limiting all acupuncture sessions to 60 minutes from the needle insertion. Your acupuncturist will wake you after 60 minutes or earlier at your request.
- The waiting area is closed to companions and casual visitors. Unless the companion is present to assist with translation or mobility limitations, they should wait outside during your treatment.
- If another client is already in the reception area, please wait outside until they leave or go in the treatment room. Please keep your time in the waiting area to a minimum.
- All recliners/tables have wipeable covers and are disinfected after every use; pillow cases are changed immediately after use.
- All commonly touched surfaces are disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Restrooms are available if needed, each restroom has an open window and an exhaust fan.
- Check-in and payments: We do not have front desk help. Your practitioner will check you in when you arrive. Please help us streamline our check-in process: If possible, please prepay for one or multiple sessions with your credit card online using this link.
- If paying in person, please bring exact change for cash payments; checks (if possible) should be pre-written; credit card payments are “contactless” with no signatures required. Receipts are available only by request.
- Please bring minimal belongings with you to the clinic.
- Feel free to bring your own freshly laundered lightweight blanket to use during your appointment. You can also wear extra clothing to stay warm. Limited blankets are available by request.
- Please eat and hydrate before you arrive. We do not allow mask removal in the clinic for drinking/eating.
- Please ask our staff for anything extra that you may need (a pillow, a blanket, earplugs, tissues, eye cover, etc.). These items are no longer self-serve.
TO PROTECT OTHERS, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL.
We do not charge a fee for late cancellations due to illness.
- All staff are complying with the recommended physical distancing guidelines in daily life and self-screen for COVID-19 before coming to work each day.
- Staff failing the screening criteria are NOT permitted to work. Please be aware that this safety measure may cause last-minute schedule changes.
- All staff have been trained in safety procedures including masking, hand hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting practices, physical distancing and low contact work methods.
While we practice strict multi-layered safety measures, some amount of risk of COVID-19 transmission always exists in an indoor shared space.
Thank you for your understanding, respect and consideration. It will take all of us doing our part to get through this!