Community Acupuncture Links
- To learn more about community acupuncture and locate community clinics around the country visit the clinic listings page of People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture (POCA).
- To find out more about how community acupuncture works and to learn about the community acupuncture movement, watch Community Acupuncture: the Calmest Revolution Ever Staged, a documentary film by award-winning filmmaker Brian Lindstrom. Also check out this video about community acupuncture produced in Maryland.
- How Community Clinics Can Transform Acupuncture – an article by Pam in the Winter 2008 issue of California Journal of Oriental Medicine includes many testimonials from clients and practitioners.
- A directory of Bay Area Community Acupuncture Clinics.
- To learn more about our treatment approach and have many of your acupuncture-related questions answered check out Why Did You Put That Needle There by Andy Wegman of Manchester Acupuncture Studio. This practical no-nonsense little book is also available in printed form at Sarana, and the Spanish language version is here.
Other Helpful Resources
- Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic in Oakland and San Francisco provides free acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Western herbs, homeopathy, massage, and therapeutic imagery to low-income women with cancer.
- Healing Muses is a group of local musicians that bring a peaceful sound environment for hospitals, clinics, hospices, convalescent homes, retreat centers and homebound individuals.
- Women’s Cancer Resource Center works to empower and support women with cancer through referrals and education, a resource library, workshops and classes, support groups, peer counseling and other services.
- Wild Goose Qigong draws on traditional Chinese breathing and movement techniques. These practices were found to vitalize the body, mind and spirit, and were passed down from teacher to student for almost two thousand years. See this website for a list of Bay Area teachers, classes and free group practice sessions.
- Get It Done! Coaching offers help in getting “unstuck” in any area of our life where we want to see progress. Get help organizing time, space, or information, in setting and achieving goals, or realigning priorities, relationships, and life with what really matters.